Tuesday 8 September 2015

Walking Dead Wednesday- a Tank!

And now for something not from Studio Miniature's excellent kickstarter, this time we have Daryl's nemesis from the Prison, the M60 tank!



CLIPS OF THE WALKING DEAD ARE PROPERTY OF AMC, TAKEN WITHOUT PERMISSION

And for the clip of Daryl destroying it, head to youtube here...

The tank is an M60, an older warhorse of the Cold War era, destined for the battlefields of Europe that never quite eventuated. They saw limited combat use, I would say the one above was a training tank (they were retired from that in '05). Anywho, my one is a cheap Academy M60A1 from Academy, which I bought off eBay aaaaaages ago, because I thought it was an M48 for Vietnam gaming. Oops! So since it is clearly NOT an M48 Patton, but instead is an M60 Patton (see my issue?), I left it in its box in the cupboard filled with all the other unmade model kits.





Not sure what inspired me to pull it out, but it was quick to assemble, and a quick green paint job was easy enough to do too. A couple of decals on the barrel was all I needed to add to get the right effect. And there you have it, one tank, ready to invade a prison!

And of course, we need the shot of Daryl v Tank....



Rules wise, I am just finishing up a scenario using the tank, watch out for that next week!

So there you have it, another Walking Dead Wednesday (WDW, it is too long to type)done. Next week? Back to Studio Miniatures with Tyrese....

CP

3 comments:

  1. Yikes - this isn't something that most survivors would have to face. Good luck to them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool as most zombies don't have anti-tank weapons dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have their bodies to clog the tank tracks!

      Delete