Friday 10 April 2015

Survivor Week 18- Jungle Jim!

This week's survivor is none other than Jungle Jim from the '68 series of comics.


I converted him from a Vietnam era US soldier from Baker Company. I have a couple of squad's worth of them sitting in a box, just waiting for me to get inspired enough to paint them all up. They are alright miniatures, some great, some average. Actually pretty much how I feel about most miniatures ranges.

Anyway, I digress. For those who want to see the WIP of Jungle Jim, he is here. I have greenstuffed a gas mask, added the bamboo to his arms and added a nice big machete to his back! The bamboo is actually a cut up metal spear I had lying around, with green stuff straps attached.

Overall, I am pretty happy with the result:




The paint scheme is the standard US uniform for Vietnam, with the addition of the black gasmask with yellow eyes and the shoulder patches provided by decals. I might have to try and get some better pictures once I finish his basing, but I think that may wait until I do something else jungle-y. I was too late in the day for my photos to get good lighting, so I will have to sort something out there. All in all, I think he makes for a pretty good representation of Jungle Jim, but it has made me wonder if I need to make some zombie NVA.....

Chris

7 comments:

  1. He has turned out very well, Chris. Some zombie NVA would be good but what you really need is an exploding elephant! That scene just cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would know where to start to make an exploding elephant?

      Maybe a plastic toy?

      Delete
  2. Great job dude! He turned out great. As the mask is passed from Jim to Jim, he could have "survived" until the modern era, making him usable in your modern games. No need for zombie NVA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a pretty cool idea- so he has been fighting Zeds all through South East Asia? Interesting idea, that would be a cool set of stories.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks bud, those pictures don't do it justice. Must get some better shots (or a lighting rig at my house!)

      Delete
  4. Fabulous paintjob and conversion Christ :)

    ReplyDelete